The latest news from our work at Mycenae House, Blackheath.
Tropical Day at Mycenae House on Thursday 30th August 2018.
- An eventful day meeting new friends and old faces within the community. There were many creative stalls, interactive singing and dance/movement.
- It was lovely to see Pauline and her Nepalese ladies joining the activities.
- Thank you especially to Deborah at Mycenae House and all her incredible hard work in organising everything; for Colin who brought all the products and Gazebo from Eltham and Shelia and Patrick for their support.
- We made £31.00 ; took an order from a lovely lady, Jean, who works at the Blackheath Age Exchange and met and chatted with Viv from 'SELWAT' (South east London wool and textile group) for whom we have a commission to make some point of sale items.
It was a great, hot day on Sunday 1st July 2018 at the Summer Fest held at Mycenae House. We held a Stand on behalf of Age UK and our men and women in sheds.
We sold some of our excellent products and had a great time networking. Sheila and Patrick helped to run the stand and Jane and Helen came along to offer their support.
The Women In Sheds pilot project is still running at Penge on Thursdays. If anyone of the ladies from Mycenae House would like to visit them when the Mycenae Mobile Shed is closed, then you would be welcome.
If you are not attending a Women In Sheds event, then you are very welcome to come along and find out what it's about.
- We will be back at Mycenae House on Wednesday 5th September 2018 from 10am until 1pm.
- I have returned the work of those ladies who attended Woolwich on Tuesday ready for Wednesday.
The countdown has begun.
Women In Sheds is on its way.
Register your interest by popping us an email to
Or simply turn up on the day.
Doors open at 10:00 on the 1st.
To find the Penge Shed, click here.
The first Women in sheds went really well. Well attended, we may have to split it into a morning and afternoon session if it keeps building. Not sure what the actual numbers where 12 – 15 ish - I did run out of sign up forms. Quite a few others popped in and out throughout the day. We mostly had a day of learning how to use the bandsaws as well as generally being safe in the workshop.
Onwards and upwards, Jon-Paul
Thrilled that from Wed 7 Feb AgeUK Bromley & Greenwich Men In Sheds Project will run a trial of Women In Sheds here at Mycenae House as a response to numerous requests!
Sessions will run until Easter from 10.30am-1pm & aim to help women 50+ meet & learn/share skills.
Curious? Come along and find out what it's about!
90 Mycenae Rd
London SE3 7SE
Yesterday saw the start of a new Mobile Shed at Mycenae House. Mycenae House (90 Mycenae Rd, London SE3 7SE) is a community centre housed in a former convent building adjacent to the Georgian villa, Woodlands House, in Mycenae Road, in the Westcombe Park area of Greenwich, London. Through the sterling efforts of Deborah Fitzpatrick (Community … Read moreNew Mobile Shed!Read More
Age UK’s ‘Men in Sheds’ project awarded first ever Bluebird Care Greenwich Community Grant Newsshopper.co.uk June 21st. Submitted by Nathan Hartley. A weekly support group that supports retired Gurkhas and their wives has been awarded the first ever Bluebird Care Greenwich Community Grant. Greenwich-based Bluebird Care opened its doors 4 years ago, and ever … Read moreFirst Bluebird Care Greenwich Community GrantRead More